dinsdag 20 mei 2014

Calling for the Beast

Listen up,

At least 25 people seem to like the music and videos I upload because recently my youtube channel hit the milestone of 25 subscribers! This calls for a celebration and therefore I'm making a small "contest". The 10th person that posts a comment underneath this blogpost will recieve an appropriate sum of €25! No strings attached. This may seem a little tame as far as a "contest" goes, but don't be fooled, I took inspiration from a book about psychological warfare used in the Vietnam war to turn allied soldiers against each other. It is a nervewrecking psychological challenge to try and be the exact 10th comment and could turn civil housewives and well-behaved fathers into valuta-thirsty beasts. It could very well be that with the amount of followers on Dropping Gems it will be a matter of seconds to fullfil my goal, and so, it'll be pure luck where my hard earned money will end up, but it wouldn't surprise me if my audience will use clever tactics, devious tricks and foul ways of deception to try and claim the grand prize. Don't forget that DP is also read in countries from Asia and Africa where €25 can be a lot of money.

So good luck to you all!

Ok now, I was visiting Amsterdam and after a mandatory visit to the red light district (only sight seeing) and coffeeshops, when returning to the car at the outer part of the city I saw a, to me, surprising thing.


                                 Are they afraid a bear might come sit on their porch?





And I guess you could say I'm in my experimental fase regarding pics, playing around with shutter time to make some effects:

                              

Self portrait
(Or do people say "selfie" now?)


                                  Sunset taken from my room, thought it looked neat.


Walker!


If you do it right you can make drawings in light. It's not so easy to do because you don't know where you are drawing until you see the finished photograph. I made very simple things as you can see below but with some dedication, I'm sure it's possible to make some cool stuff. Maybe it's something I should try in the future.







(That's supposed to be a fish)



                                                    This one is old but I still like it


                     

For music we are going South this time, Africa to be more precise. Ismaël Lô, a human made in Senegal, made himself immortal with the beautiful song Tajabone. It is also used in the movie Todo Sobre Mi Madre (All About My Mother). Watch it sometime, it's good. 

And now just shut up and enjoy.

                                                        Ismaël Lô - Tajabone




11 opmerkingen:

  1. MA DAWG YA KNOW THIS MONEY BE MINE!! IM TELLING YALL BETTER NOT BACKSTAB ME CAUSE I'LL LET IT RAIN DOWN ON YOU, KNOW WHAT IM SAYING AINT TALKING BOUT RAIN!!! GRABBIN $$ GHETTO STYLE THIS WORLD IS FOR ALPHA DAWGS YOU KNOW HOW WE DO!!!! YAVANDI LOVIN WHAT YOU DO MAN KEEP IT UP MY BRO PEACE OUT!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi Y! nice pictures! I think, the bear traps are quite effective to keep away peeping toms (voyeurs-stalkers), no one would bend or lean on that thing.
    Btw. the person that commented before me..awfully sounds like you.:p

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. AtjazzRecordCompany21 mei 2014 om 11:31

    Hello, this is AtjazzRecordCompany. Three weeks ago we kindly asked you in the youtube comments to remove your upload of Jullian Gomes: Love Song 28 since we didn't give you permission to do so. You declinded but we give you one more chance for removal asap as you don't have the rights. If you choose to ignore our request again we are forced to use legal action and you can kiss this worthless POS-blog goodbye. Greets, Atjazz.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. สิ่งที่ใจกว้างและพระเจ้าคน! ฉันหวังว่าฉันจะได้พบคุณ แต่มีโอกาสที่จะทำเงินจากบัญชีธนาคารของคุณเงินเป็นเกียรติอย่างไม่น่าเชื่อ ท่านเป็นพระเจ้าใหม่ได้หรือไม่ คำทักทายจากประเทศไทย! Thank you!! Thank you!!!!!! ^><^

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Yan, I am so disappointed in you.... Is this why you begged me to loan you €25 last week? You know how hard I need the money....and now I see that you are willing to give it away to a complete stranger? Wow, you're really great. In case you wonder, no, you're not welcome anymore to Rudy's party next week.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Kossi Debungola25 mei 2014 om 23:59

    Togo represent! I can not believe my luck! Internet connection is for our street this week. Maybe it is not enough time to win competition but to post on this blog of legends is big honour! Everybody in the neighbourhood gathered around me! We believe reading DG brings good fortune! Whole street is dancing and crying of joy at same time!! Big party! I think I will get lucky tonight!! My uncle has crush on you I think, good luck I told him. Whaaa! Togo Togo on DG!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Ravensburger CEO27 mei 2014 om 03:56

    Dear Yavandi, it fills my heart with joy to see you are still on the right track, helping people and making them happy. We at Ravensurger will never forget what you have done for us, as a company, but also for many employees and their families. I respect your stance not to accept a share of our profits (not many people would do that) so I'd like to invite you to our headquarters for a tour in our company and to give you a chance to meet some of the people who's job you saved. Our personel always looks forward to your blog updates and it would be very exiting for them to meet the man behind them. I will also let you choose a puzzle of your choice to take home, for free. Any puzzle, so that means even our exceptional one of 50.000 pieces!! I hope to hear from you soon. Regards, Ravensburger

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Sorry to say but this blog sucks big time. I haven't seen anything about gems on here, let alone rubies. It's very sad that you use a misleading name to attract visitors for your site. You get a kick from wasting peoples time? For all people like me who were searching for a TRUE page about gems I recommend http://www.gemstone.org/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Click now! you are 1000.000 visitor of this site!! you are winner! You win 10.000 euros. Pay now only 200 euro administration cost on bank account 548-897544584-37 and get money today!! We are not liars! It is very easy. Just pay 200 euros on 548-897544584-37, no tricks! But this is our secret. Do not tell anyone of your prize! Do not forget: 200 euros on 548-897544584-37 and you get 10.000 euros!! It is you lucky day! (548-897544584-37)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. - eggs
    - cornbread
    - margarine
    - strawberry jam
    - oranges
    - milk
    - crossword puzzle magazine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Da FUQ?? THIS SHIT FO REAL?? DAT 10TH POST WAS CLAIMED BY ME IN THE 1ST POST YALL SAW IT. SHITS GOING DOWN NOW!! WHOEVER EARTHLING THIS IS ABOVE ME IMMA GONNA FIND YOU AND MAKE YOU CRY!! OH IMMA SHOOT FIREWORKS UP YO ASS LIKE ITS 4TH OF JULY!!! THIS AINT OVER!! I KNOW PEOPLE WHO KNOW PEOPLE DIS IS THE REAL WORLD YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK CAUSE THIS HOMIE AINT NO TELLIN JOKES!! YOU EITHER DUMB AR GOT BIG BALLS. CANT BELIEVE DIS HAPPENED...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen