woensdag 16 oktober 2013

Small visitor

This weeks update supposed to had some new drawings to show you but unfortunately they didn't work out like I wanted so for now I'm keeping them in my "If anyone sees this, kill them" drawer. Maybe next time I can post some things that are not cringe worthy. I do have an older drawing which I'm fairly content with, although there are obvious flaws like a lack of depth. After finishing it I thought "this went pretty well (for MY skills), let's draw some more!" To then come to the conclusion that maybe it was a one time struck of luck bugged me, but I'll just keep trying...



Talking about bugging, while bended over my failed works, cursing over my results, I saw a little bug at my feet. He was making his way across the carpet, which for him must have been like crossing the steppe in Africa.
I needed a bit of distraction so I immortalised him on camera and promised to post the picture on his facebook profile.


His name is Rogerke, wich is a dutch/french name. In english you would have to pronounce it as "rogaayke". I told him about my frustrations about my drawings and he replied that once, he too felt similar emotions, although a tad different. He explained that when he was a larva, the other beetles picked upon him cause his state of being a larva went on for much longer than normal. He was told that he'd never become a leader of the group and should just give up on trying to reach his next state. "You wouldn't believe how much concentration it takes to transform into your next evolutionary level." spoke my small visitor. All he wanted was to be a protector for everybody in the whole treetrunk. When his transition to a full fledged bug stayed out he was even labeled as an adhd-er by his own parents and taken to "special school", where under achieving larvas were taken to prepare a life as a separator. Separators do nothing more then separate the good and rotten leaves for the community all day. Feeling miserable about his point in life and knowing he could be more, every night he began training in his little room. Concentration was key, so he took down his poster of LoreBello, t fro ime, and closed his eyes whispering to himself "I can be more, I can be more" 'till he forgot the world around him. Each passing moon he felt closer to his purpose, ignoring the comments from his family that only disappointment would come from striving for more.

Time moved on and there was one day coming nearer which he thought about with aversion. It was the yearly beetle-ball. That evening all the beetles came together to dance, have fun and to find romance. But not for him. How cold a larva ever dance? From his window he saw the festivity taking place wishing he could be part of it. That moment further cemented his belief he should try harder to becoming what he wanted to be. His nightly ritual continued for a long time until one moment, when he had almost given up hope, he started to shake all over. Uncontrollable his body bursted through his outer layer, breaking down the walls around him, his head smashing against the crumbling ceiling. When he opened his eyes he saw his parents at his feet, looking up in awe. He was transformed into one of the biggest and strongest bugs they ever saw. No one ever dared to tell him he couldn't be what he wanted anymore. The mayor officially gave him the title of protector soon after. Our little big bug even started a school to help other larvas who had the same problem as he once had, and selling instructional dvd's for insect who lived too far away. So you see, he said, you can't stop with believing in yourself and the only way to improve is to work hard, succes never comes for granted. I thanked him for this inspirational story and asked where he was heading now and answered me: "I'm going to see LoreBello now, I'm almost too late for my date because of you!"
Then I thought, "Hey, this bug is alright", said goobye and let him continue his way.
See you next time rogaayke.

This weeks music is brand new. What we have here is part of an album release from aids awareness organisation Red Hot, who have released albums before, but has this time contacted artists all over the world to do covers of the great african legend Fela Kuti. While the original song "Trouble Sleep"is fine by itself, the version My Morning Jacket created is also 14 minutes of pure bliss.
I have to admit that the quality of the upload isn't perfect, but it's the best I could get my hands on for now. I'll update the link if I find a better version.

And now just shut up and enjoy.

                                                  My Morning Jacket - Trouble Sleep


                                               

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten